Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 77

Thread: Things are not like they used to be.

  1. #11
    Inactive Member bpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2007
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Things are not like they used to be.

    we love coach jones but we hate zone blocking ...You all know and I know that FB teams can be measured at PV and GC regardless of the coaches.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Things are not like they used to be.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish PV fans would lay off that, Coach Jones in my opinion is a great coach. However at the same time, if we so great wouldn't he be GC's Defensive Coordinator? </div></div>

    So, you're oblivious to Scott Co. politics, huh?

    But speaking of Barry: Intrinsic qualities he brings to a program: rapport with his players, and a definite relationship; the ability to motivate a team; the desire and ability to teach the fundamentals. All these factors have been missing since he left, and will continue to be missing until he, or someone with his skills, is added to the PV staff.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Things are not like they used to be.

    Gas used to be cheaper. PV Made the LPD proud. For alot of years.
    GO VOLS

  4. #14
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Things are not like they used to be.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cleek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">we love coach jones but we hate zone blocking ...You all know and I know that FB teams can be measured at PV and GC regardless of the coaches. </div></div>

    That zone blocking looked pretty good tonight!

  5. #15
    Inactive Member bpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2007
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Things are not like they used to be.

    Im not oblivious to anything.. But the kids are the ones who play pv has a coach that knows how to win and so does GC both Hall of Famers I think COach Jones is OL up here and I played against Him 89 through 92

  6. #16
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Things are not like they used to be.

    Dude, check and see who the reply was to before responding. Never said you were oblivious.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member bpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2007
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Things are not like they used to be.

    yeah everytime we play like we shoud .we win .GC blocking not zone. That only works when people dive at your linemen

  8. #18
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Things are not like they used to be.

    So, let me get this right boney you feel that fundamentals are not being taught at PV? How much motivation does one need for a Region D title game? If one needs motivation for that do you really think you should send that player on the field? Everyone on here from PV has complained, well what is the solution?
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Things are not like they used to be.

    No, I personally know the fundamentals aren't being taught at PV. All one has to do to know that is attend a practice. Secondly, and this is probably where lots of folks may disagree, but I believe it to the depths of my being: a coach absolutely must build a relationship with his players. Such a relationship must be outlined and developed from the beginning, and is absolutely necessary before a coach can effectively discipline a player. A coach must care more about the academic and overall well-being of the kid beyond the ball field or court. This is needed before a kid can/will ever have any respect for a coach. Did you witness any emotion and excitement from the PV players tonight? Any tears when they got beat? Any excitement before the game? Merely going through the motions. Sideline looked like soldiers tonight - no expression of excitement (from both coaches and players). To me, it's all about RELATIONSHIP, as is all of life. Mutual support, mutual discipline, mutual respect. And the above hasn't been a tirade againsy PV - I see the deficiencies throughout society and families. That's my 2 cents worth. Sorry for the preaching.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Things are not like they used to be.

    PV does the same drills today they did 20 years ago. The only thing I wish they did more, and I'll be honest I've not been to a practice since 2004. I just dont have the time/desire to be there, I would give anything to just be allowed to go and ask questions. As far as learning the game I dont know of a local high school coach that could teach you more. Things must have changed a whole whole lot in three years, because when I was there coaches were easily accessible to talk to about anything. I personally had very personal talks with Tim Thomas and Fred Crabtree a lot. The PV coaching staff works as hard as any staff I know. The film study/Sunday Meetings/weight room after and before school. Go by PVHS and during football season I can bought guarantee you some coach will be in that field house.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •